- Promoting direct democracy
- Advocating for more citizen participation
- Working towards more transparency in politics
- Supporting democracy activists worldwide
WHAT I CAN OFFER
WHAT I'M INTERESTED IN
Democracy International grew out of an international alliance of NGOs working towards more citizen participation in Europe. It was officially founded as an NGO in 2011 with the wider goal of fostering direct democracy all over the Globe. Democracy International is represented by an inter-national board, the headquarters are based in Cologne, Germany.
- Dr. Klaus HofmannAcademic Advisor
- Dr. Raban FuhrmannDirector, Academy for a Learning Democracy
- Sophie LaskusSocial Media Manager
- Anna ProkurinaProject Assistant
- Obakeng KamelaEuropean Programme Aide
- Global Forum on Modern Direct DemocracyThe Global Forum on Modern Direct Democracy is the largest direct democracy conference worldwide. As the main organizer Democracy International favors a multidisciplinary approach with participants from academic, political & civil backgrounds.
- A better European Citizens' InitiativeDemocracy International has always fought for more citizen participation in the EU. Even before the organization was officially founded the then-existing alliance lobbied for & won the introduction of the European Citizens' Initiative.
- We the PeoplesInternational collaboration and global governance need to improve significantly and become more accountable to those affected most: the world’s citizens. Our We the Peoples campaign works to make the UN more inclusive and democratic.