14:00 - 15:30 CEST / Track 4: Democracy in Crisis
This panel will look at the laws that have been enacted during this pandemic that have restricted human rights of freedom. With views from the Netherlands, Hungary, Serbia and Norway, it will be discussed what impact the pandemic has had on governments and what will be the lasting effects on democracies. How have countries dealt with crises in the past and have the laws they implemented during this period been withdrawn ever since?
Online Forum Confernce Guide
- Raul Magni-BertonProfessor of political science, Institut de Recherche Territoires Démocratiques
- Clara EggerAssistant professor, University of Groningen
- Toni SkorićProject Manager - Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom
- Dobrica VeselinovicPolitical activist, politician and the spokesperson for the Don't let Belgrade d(r)own movement.
- Arjen NijeboerCampaigner, Meer Democratie
- Daniela BozhinovaModerator - Board Member, Democracy InternationalProfile on this website: