Direct democracy, Media and Journalism, Representative democracy
Coventry , GB
Matt Qvortrup, DPhil (Oxon) is Professor of Political Science and International Relations at Coventry University. His main interests are the policy effects of referendums and referendums on independence and sovereignty.
- Matt predicted Brexit. He was the only political scientist to do this.
- Article on Qvortrup predicting Brexit https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/638856/Academic-who-correctly-predicted-Scottish-Referen
- The academic article that predicted Brexit https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/1467-923X.12224
WHAT I CAN OFFER
- Consultancy on how to organize a referendum
- Advise on how to win a referendum
- Lectures on the history and practice on referendums
WHAT I'M INTERESTED IN
- The Recall
- Citizen-Initiated referendums
- Direct democracy
- The philosophy of direct democracy
Matt Qvortrup is Professor of Applied Political Science and International Relations at Coventry University. An expert on comparative referendums, Professor Qvortrup was warded the PSA Prize in 2013 and he served as a Specialist Advisor to the House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.